Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 23
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 116
DAYS TO THE BERS: 147
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 163
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 177
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 207

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's Monday again on a new week of Spooky Spring. This week we should see a big warmup and we will finally have weather again that will largely feel like October instead of February, that we've had for the past few days lol.

You can see on our counts above, that we are now just ONE WEEK AWAY from reaching our very last 200 Day Milestone in this thread, that being the 200 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN milestone that will be here next week at this time. I can't stress enough how much of a big deal that is to then have no more counts in the 200's here after that. We wont see them again until the NEW thread for 2025 goes up on Halloween night.

I hope everybody gets to see some of the Eclipse today! We are supposed to get 90% totality, which should still be a pretty good experience, as long as it is not too cloudy outside. Our office is going to let us go outside for a few minutes during it, and some businesses in town are even shutting down this afternoon totally.

Spooky Spring rolls along, and my movie pick for tonight is Friday the 13th! Have a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Can you share some of your October traditions? I have a granddaughter and would like to start some with her.
Sorry I’m late in responding to this! Many of our traditions have already been brought up by others in this thread since, but ours include:

Going to the Homecoming football game at my Alma mater

Taking the kids to a Fall Festival/Halloween carnival of some kind

Picking out a pumpkin or two or three at a local pumpkin patch and carving jack o’ lanterns with the kids

An annual viewing of The Nightmare Before Christmas, Toy Story of Terror, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, and Garfield’s Halloween

Listening to my favorite Halloween soundtracks while at work, along with the Ambient Mixer

Annual pilgrimage to a bakery in Houston to get the world’s best Pumpkin cupcake

Fall Festival at our church

We used to do the Great Pumpkin Egg Hunt like @DecemberisComing does each year, but we moved that to become a Spooky Spring activity

Pizza on Halloween night

And perhaps my favorite: After the credits roll on Great Pumpkin on Halloween night, we celebrate the arrival of the Christmas season and bring the Christmas decorations down out of the attic to put up the next day. This isn’t really a Halloween tradition so much as it is a Christmas tradition, but technically it still takes place in October, so I included it.

I feel like there’s even more that I’m missing, but that’s all I can remember right now. October is such a jam-packed month for us.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I was just listening to the It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown soundtrack. Big time feels.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I was just listening to the It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown soundtrack. Big time feels.
That’s one that I try to save for October. Occasionally I’ll cheat a little and listen to some songs from it on special days, but I always try my hardest to save “Great Pumpkin Waltz” for October. There is nothing quite like playing that one during an October sunset.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
That’s one that I try to save for October. Occasionally I’ll cheat a little and listen to some songs from it on special days, but I always try my hardest to save “Great Pumpkin Waltz” for October. There is nothing quite like playing that one during an October sunset.
I can't wait that long. I listen to it all summer long. I just love it. Yesterday was the first time since last October.

SolidSnake84

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 22
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 115
DAYS TO THE BERS: 146
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 162
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 176
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 206

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Tuesday! Doesn't everything seem better once Monday is in the rear view mirror? We move on today in Spooky Spring, headed towards another Spooky Spring weekend which speaking of those, are pretty fine, btw.

We're now just one day away from being TWO WEEKS OUT from the 100 DAYS TO FALL PRE-SEASON milestone. A real countdown to the countdown, lol. And we will be entering into the 150's on our way back to Halloween Season on Friday! What a way to ring in the weekend!

Tonight's movie choice is The Silence of The Lambs! No Halloween duds yet! Have a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! Enjoying Spooky Spring here. And it was 74 degrees today. Too warm to go trick or treating I think. But not too warm to eat some Halloween candy or watch a Halloween show. Happy Halloween!

SolidSnake84

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 21
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 114
DAYS TO THE BERS: 145
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 161
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 175
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 205

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Wednesday! I had a spooky virus come on yesterday out of nowhere. I woke up at 1AM and was sick, I could not stay out of the bathroom. I was exhausted yesterday and had a fever get as high as 101.5. It was kind of crazy because yesterday at work was the longest work day I've ever "felt" and I think it was because I felt so miserable. I don't even have a memory of what I did yesterday lol. Yesterday when i got home from work, I went right to bed. My fever broke by 9pm and I was feeling good again. Woke up this morning and am starving, so that's a good thing.

You can see from our counts above, we are only three weeks away now from HALFOWEEN, we are exactly two weeks out from the 100 DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON, and we will be entering 150 Day territory to Halloween Season on Friday! The next major milestone in here will be in five days when we arrive at the 200 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN milestone. And folks, I can't stress this enough, that will be the final time that any of us see a 200 day count in this thread. We won't see them again until the 2025 Halloween Thread goes up.

Spooky Spring continues tonight and I watch one of my all time favorites, "Christine" ! Have a great day!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 21
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 114
DAYS TO THE BERS: 145
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 161
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 175
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 205

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Wednesday! I had a spooky virus come on yesterday out of nowhere. I woke up at 1AM and was sick, I could not stay out of the bathroom. I was exhausted yesterday and had a fever get as high as 101.5. It was kind of crazy because yesterday at work was the longest work day I've ever "felt" and I think it was because I felt so miserable. I don't even have a memory of what I did yesterday lol. Yesterday when i got home from work, I went right to bed. My fever broke by 9pm and I was feeling good again. Woke up this morning and am starving, so that's a good thing.

You can see from our counts above, we are only three weeks away now from HALFOWEEN, we are exactly two weeks out from the 100 DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON, and we will be entering 150 Day territory to Halloween Season on Friday! The next major milestone in here will be in five days when we arrive at the 200 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN milestone. And folks, I can't stress this enough, that will be the final time that any of us see a 200 day count in this thread. We won't see them again until the 2025 Halloween Thread goes up.

Spooky Spring continues tonight and I watch one of my all time favorites, "Christine" ! Have a great day!
Glad you are feeling better

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! I hope you are all well. I think that I laughed half the day at work today. We were just joking around a lot despite how busy we are. Now home to relax with my little friend Damian. Happy Halloween!

SolidSnake84

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 19
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 112
DAYS TO THE BERS: 143
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 158
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 173
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 203

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 24
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 29

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Thursday! Mini Friday is here! So folks, I've mentioned on here many times that it takes a Village here to keep this Halloween thread going. Thank goodness for our friend @Rich taking care of us on here and watching out for the counts, as he pointed out that I had gotten off, I believe that the counts were off by a day and Halloween season was off by two days. So first of all, I apologize for the error, and second of all, it's a treat to see this morning that we are CLOSER to our milestones now!

We have now arrived into the 150's on our way back to Halloween season, and we are just three days away from the all important and psychologically significant 200 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN. There will be no more 200's counts in this thread after that. Take a look at our weeks counts this morning. You'll see that there are no more 30's now. That's a little scary too.

Tonight's Spooky Spring movie is "The Amityville Horror"!

We often talk about Spooky Season movies and Halloween movies here in this thread, but did you know that the first known "horror" movie to be released on network TV is believed to be "The Phantom Creeps", which came out in 1939, but was aired for the first time on network TV in 1949 as a heavily edited version! It was originally a 265 minute long version that was cut down to 78 minutes to fit on TV! Kind of cool to think that even way back then, people were having their own version of Spooky Season! And that's todays Halloween Thought / Fact Thursday! Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
We have friends at Pluto TV it would seem! Just saw my first commercial for “April Ghouls” and they are doing horror marathons all month long. It’s their own version of Spooky Spring! The feels!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 19
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 112
DAYS TO THE BERS: 143
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 158
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 173
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 203

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 24
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 29

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Thursday! Mini Friday is here! So folks, I've mentioned on here many times that it takes a Village here to keep this Halloween thread going. Thank goodness for our friend @Rich taking care of us on here and watching out for the counts, as he pointed out that I had gotten off, I believe that the counts were off by a day and Halloween season was off by two days. So first of all, I apologize for the error, and second of all, it's a treat to see this morning that we are CLOSER to our milestones now!

We have now arrived into the 150's on our way back to Halloween season, and we are just three days away from the all important and psychologically significant 200 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN. There will be no more 200's counts in this thread after that. Take a look at our weeks counts this morning. You'll see that there are no more 30's now. That's a little scary too.

Tonight's Spooky Spring movie is "The Amityville Horror"!

We often talk about Spooky Season movies and Halloween movies here in this thread, but did you know that the first known "horror" movie to be released on network TV is believed to be "The Phantom Creeps", which came out in 1939, but was aired for the first time on network TV in 1949 as a heavily edited version! It was originally a 265 minute long version that was cut down to 78 minutes to fit on TV! Kind of cool to think that even way back then, people were having their own version of Spooky Season! And that's todays Halloween Thought / Fact Thursday! Have a great day!
I cannot imagine watching anything that is 265 minutes long--that is really what makes it a horror movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! I wish all of you a great evening. We had a good day here. And an on and off rainy day but not terrible. A little chocolate will cheer up the rain this evening from Halloween. Happy Halloween!

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image