Halloween 2024 Countdown!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I woke up to a pretty hard frost-- and it is giving me some serious October feels. Today I am taking my great-nephew to see a high school production of Goosebumps- Phantom of the Auditorium. He likes all things spooky and he was mesmerized by Christmas Carolers last Christmas so I hope he likes it!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 08
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 101
DAYS TO THE BERS: 132
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 147
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 162
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 192

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's Monday of a new week as Spooky Spring continues. We've had a return to cold weather, the past two nights have gotten back down into the 30's, and with the pellet stove running and the fall candles, it has really felt like October. It's been amazing so far on that front. I have five more bags of pellets left from the original 2 tons that we had on the ground by last fall. With only burning the stove at night, that should be about 10 more days of heat at night. Will we still be burning heat in May? I guess we have to wait and see.

We are standing on the door now of two very important dates. Tomorrow marks only ONE WEEK until Halfoween is observed here, and also tomorrow we hit 100 DAYS TO FALL PRE-SEASON. That just seems weird typing that. But that's the way of it, especially with May looming on the horizon now and us being a matter of weeks from "The Road" opening back up. It's a special time.

Tonight's Spooky Spring movie is "Child's Play". My yearly Halfway to October Michael Myers marathon starts on Wednesday, and I will see Michael on the screen each day leading up to Halfoween!

Have a great day, friends!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Why isn't Halloween spelled "Howloween"? It just seems to fit better.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! Another busy Monday here. This is actually the calmest week I've probably had at work since the holidays. But still it's busy enough where you aren't bored. Like October we're never bored here! Happy Halloween!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 07
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 100
DAYS TO THE BERS: 131
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 146
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 161
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 191

**MILESTONE DAY**
100 Days to Fall Preseason.jpg

Happy Milestone Day, Halloween Friends! The horrors of Monday are behind us now and we march forward to the ultimate goal every week, Friday / The Weekend. You can see from our counts above that we are now exactly ONE WEEK AWAY from Halfway to Halloween, and the big count this morning is being only 100 DAYS AWAY from Fall Preseason! Gotta give Bing the credit for that image this morning, I didn't even tell it to include a football field or NFL, but man it nailed it. Perfect fall feels when you think of how big a role football plays in Fall.

I've spoke about Fall Pre-Season for a long time, I know not a lot of us celebrate it across MMC, but to me, that's really when the anticipation / excitement for Autumn reaches maximum level. By that point, we've got pumpkin spice everything again. A place like Hobby Lobby is decked out for Christmas AND Fall. Even places like Lowes and Home depot are gearing up. It's just a happy time to be out and about, still warm weather but not the nightmarish hot of July. And the cool nights that roll back in around the middle of the month make sitting around the fire pit enjoyable. So that's where my mind is at today, just thinking about how close we are to all that coming back. Let me share some pictures from my memories that I think perfectly capture the "Fall Pre-Season" feel:

B&BW Halloween Display.png

BERS Fire Ring Upgraded.jpg

1713868877282.png

1713868930645.png

1713869002993.png

08 - August.jpg

What a trip down memory lane! And all that is coming to us again in 100 Days! Have a wonderful day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! I hope everyone's day went ok. Tuesday was good here. I didn't run into Michael Myers or anything. Although I'm a Halloween fan I'm not sure that would be a fun experience. Happy Halloween!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 06
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 99
DAYS TO THE BERS: 130
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 145
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 160
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 190

Good Morning Halloween Friends! We've broken the 100 day seal now on Fall preseason and we are at 99 days and counting! We're moving along now in our counts and our next milestone will be the arrival of Halfway to Halloween AKA Halfoween that will be in SIX DAYS as we close out April. What a month it has been.

The biggest thing for me this year has been how much this month has really felt like October, temperature wise. Every spooky spring I always bring out the electric Jack O lanterns, play my fall playlist, and burn some candles and waxes, but I've really lucky this year to have had such a chilly April. The mornings and evenings have especially felt like Fall!

Spooky Spring continues as tonight I watch "Jurassic Park" - I made sure to have my own "Halloween Dud" in the film lineup! And tomorrow my Michael Myers marathon begins. It will be a strange day, "Halloween" all around me, but still taking time to enjoy a slice of Christmas on Rudolph Day, that might make for a very Halloween-night feel, as Halloween night at my house sees the Christmas Tree standing up in the living room (but not yet turned on), ready for us to make the big switch the next day!

Check out this cool "Halloween Moon" that I took a picture of last night while out on our walk! Have a great day!

IMG_0283.jpeg

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 5
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 98
DAYS TO THE BERS: 129
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 144
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 159
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 189

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 22
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 27

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's Thursday! You guys know how much I love Thursdays as I literally feel the weekend start rolling in. This is a special weekend, it's the final weekend of our beloved Spooky Spring. And before I forget, Happy Rudolph Day! The big day comes now in just 8 months. OUR big day comes in a little over SIX MONTHS. My Michael Myers marathon begins tonight after Rudolph Day winds down, I'm super excited about that. Our next milestone will be on Halfoween next Tuesday, and then we will be down to just five main counts remaining. At one point in early January we had 7 counts going in here. Time marches on.

Our Thursday Halloween fact today is about Pumpkins! Almost everyone associates the pumpkin with October or Halloween, but did you know that over 50% of the US population buys a pumpkin in October, which contributes to over 700 million dollars in sales every year? That's a lot of Pumpkins!

I hope everyone has a great day! Think those October thoughts as we are almost to HALFOWEEN!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I know our household buys our fair share of pumpkins in October — most years we buy two or three. And if we’re just talking pumpkin-flavored items, I probably represent 50% of the profits from that stuff just by myself.

The pumpkin is an iconic October staple, though. Except for maybe Thanksgiving, it is hard to imagine any other time during the year when pumpkins are normalized.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Just two weeks until my pumpkin seeds can go into the ground.
I am planning on staggering my planting this year. Last year I planted over Memorial Day weekend, but I don't know if I can wait that long this year!

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image