Thanksgiving 2024 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving! 2023 Thanksgiving is now in the books. But now we begin a brand new thread. We begin the 2024 Thanksgiving Thread. We'll start the daily countdowns Friday AM. But one thing you'll notice is the Thanksgiving Countdown is extra long. Due to leap year Thanksgiving will be the latest it can ever be. It will happen on November 28th. I see positives to that and negatives. I try to be positive though. It will give us almost an extra week of Autumn when you look at it. An extra week to get ready. Of course, it will also shorten the time to Christmas. December will hit next year before we end Thanksgiving Weekend. That's a big difference from this year. We are making an addition this year which you'll find tomorrow on Friday to start off the fresh count. It will be Fun Fact Friday. It will join our Weekly Thanksgiving Countdown - Monday, Picture Day - Tuesday, Poll - Wednesday, Thanksgiving Thought - Thursday. And now Fun Fact - Friday. We have a full 5 days of fun. And then the weekend we relax. Well turkey friends I will see you in the AM with the first countdowns. Happy Thanksgiving. Let's enjoy the Friday!
2024 THANKSGIVING MILESTONES

DECEMBER - DECEMBER 1

WINTER BEGINS - DECEMBER 21

THE BERS 250 DAY MARKER - DECEMBER 26

TOM TURKEY DAY #1 - DECEMBER 28

JANAURY - JANUARY 1

NOVEMBER 300 DAY MARKER - JANUARY 6

TOM TURKEY DAY #2 - JANUARY 25

FEBRUARY - FEBRUARY 1

THANKSGIVING 300 DAY MARKER – FEBRUARY 2

THE BERS 200 DAY MARKER- FEBRUARY 14

TOM TURKEY DAY #3 - FEBRUARY 22

NOVEMBER 250 DAY MARKER - FEBRUARY 25

MARCH - MARCH 1

SPRING BEGINS - MARCH 20

THANKSGIVING 250 DAY MARKER - MARCH 23

TOM TURKEY DAY #4 - MARCH 28

APRIL - APRIL 1

THE BERS 150 DAY MARKER - APRIL 4

NOVEMBER 200 DAY MARKER - APRIL 15

TOM TURKEY DAY #5 - APRIL 25

MAY - MAY 1

THANKSGIVING 200 DAY MARKER - MAY 12

THE BERS 100 DAY MARKER - MAY 24

TOM TURKEY DAY #6 - MAY 23

JUNE - JUNE 1

NOVEMBER 150 DAY MARKER - JUNE 4

SUMMER BEGINS - JUNE 20

TOM TURKEY DAY #7 - JUNE 27

THANKSGIVING 150 DAY MARKER – JULY 1

JULY - JULY 1

THE BERS FINAL FIFTY - JULY 13

NOVEMBER 100 DAY MARKER - JULY 24

TOM TURKEY DAY #8 - JULY 25

AUGUST - AUGUST 1

THANKSGIVING 100 DAY MARKER - AUGUST 20

THE BERS HOME STRETCH - AUGUST 22

TOM TURKEY DAY #9 - AUGUST 22

SEPTEMBER - SEPTEMBER 1 (HAPPY BERS!)

NOVEMBER FINAL FIFTY - SEPTEMBER 12

AUTUMN BEGINS - SEPTEMBER 22

TOM TURKEY DAY #10 - SEPTEMBER 26

OCTOBER - OCTOBER 1

THANKSGIVING FINAL FIFTY - OCTOBER 9

NOVEMBER HOME STRETCH - OCTOBER 22

TOM TURKEY DAY #11 - OCTOBER 24

NOVEMBER - NOVEMBER 1 (HAPPY NOVEMBER!)

THANKSGIVING HOME STRETCH - NOVEMBER 18

THANKSGIVING DAY - NOVEMBER 28 (HAPPY THANKSGIVING!)

2024 TIME PERIODS

HAPPY HOLIDAYS (NOVEMBER 24 – DECEMBER 31)

WINTER WONDERLAND (JANUARY 1 – MARCH 16)

SUPER SPRING (MARCH 17 – MAY 23)

SUMMER SWEATFEST (MAY 24 – AUGUST 31)

AWESOME AUTUMN (SEPTEMBER 1 – NOVEMBER 27)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING (NOVEMBER 28)

Last edited:

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm here for the ride again! I wouldn't miss this thread for anything. No matter what life has going on, it's always the holidays on here. Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving. I can always come and get my dose of FEELS!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 370
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 343
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 282

Happy Black Friday! Today folks we have 370 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 343 days to go until November, and 282 days to go until The Bers. Wow look at those full counts. Exciting isn’t it? And the Thanksgiving count is as big as it can ever get. We have an extra week folks. Thanksgiving falls later next year so we have a longer haul. I think that’s awesome. More time in this thread to have fun. We begin our Happy Holidays part of the year and feeling like it’s time to do some shopping today on Black Friday. I plan to do it online but if you’re going out good luck. And folks with it being Friday I want to introduce to you our brand new segment for this thread. Fun Fact Friday!

Although subsequent presidents also proclaimed national thanksgiving days, the holidays fell on different days and months. However, in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed that Thanksgiving would be held on every last Thursday of November each year and that it would be a national holiday.

Interesting so by that this year we would have Thanksgiving Day on November 30th. Wow. I think we all would have been craving it so badly then. Friends – Have a great day today. Enjoy it and be safe. I’ll be resting up and recovering some. And thanks for being here for the brand new thread. I’m excited. Have a great Black Friday!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I think the last time that Thanksgiving was this "late" I was not here on MMC. I can't ever remember a countdown starting off at OVER 365 days. It's kind of awesome and a little scary. I like the idea of a "national" day for Thanksgiving, just like we do for Halloween and Christmas, but at the same time I also understand why it moves around like it does.

Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
370 days was a bit of a shock, but seeing the full count is exciting. The last time we had a late Thanksgiving I felt the pinch of time in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I have no excuse now, I have 370 days notice! LOL!

Fun fact: The pumpkin capital of the world is in Morton, Illinois-- producing 85% of the world's canned pumpkin!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
And so it begins. Our countdown to Thanksgiving 2024 has been set in motion. Thanks for all you do Edge! You are very much appreciated. I hope you feel better today.

tbutler

Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 1, 2010
Great that this thread is right back up there the day after. These countdowns are a large part of how I avoid the post-holiday. Always looking forward to the next go around!

Last edited:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I think the last time that Thanksgiving was this "late" I was not here on MMC. I can't ever remember a countdown starting off at OVER 365 days. It's kind of awesome and a little scary. I like the idea of a "national" day for Thanksgiving, just like we do for Halloween and Christmas, but at the same time I also understand why it moves around like it does.

Have a great day!
Yeah it's different than Halloween and Christmas in that way. It fluctuates. Extra time though now to enjoy this thread and the year-long build (I guess it will technically be more than a year long).

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 369
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 342
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 281

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend! Today folks we move along into the 2nd day of our extremely long countdown. And I mean EXTREMELY. We have 369 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 342 days to go until November, and 281 days left until The Bers. Our first milestone will be in less than a week when reach the Arrival of December. And that will begin our 11-month long journey together back to really what most people would probably agree is the best month of the year: November. If you don’t believe that then think about all the stuff you’ve had this month and how amazing it’s been from Leftover Halloween to Thanksgiving and now to the Christmas Season. Turkey friends we begin our weekend here. Quietness. We like that here though don’t we? Now we have 5 full topics every single week day of the entire year. So that means weekends we really need to enjoy now friends. And this will be our slower time. We can slow things down to a crawl. Right? That’s our chance. I hope you all enjoyed your first ever Fun Fact Friday yesterday. It kicked things off here and now we’ll have full 5-day weeks of topics. Awesome. Turkey friends I had some leftovers yesterday since I ate literally 2 bites of turkey and 3 olives on Thanksgiving due to my sickness. And I’m still not 100% with having an appetite but I’m able to eat now and enjoy food again. And boy those leftovers are good. Keep it real turkey friends. Have a great Thanksgiving Weekend!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I hope everyone, especially @Edge612, is enjoying leftovers. I know I am, I had a piece of Apple Pie for breakfast! I am looking forward to a quiet day, not much planned. Still enjoying some Thanksgiving vibes while gearing up for December!

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
It is nice to see brand new counts again.
Thanksgiving leftovers celebration is still ongoing here. I will be cooking a second Thanksgiving meal for just us today since Thanksgiving was at the inlaws.

The menu is smoked turkey legs, smoked Mac and cheese, mash potatoes, spinach and artichoke stuffing, and some pumpkin and chocolate pie for dessert.

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Happy Leftover Saturday! Well for the 1st time ever I am not liking the leftovers. The gravy just didnt seem right, stuffing was off and the turkeys werent exceptional to say the least. I asked and most everybody was of the same opinion here. I noticed the ham went down quicker than usual.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Leftover Saturday! Well for the 1st time ever I am not liking the leftovers. The gravy just didnt seem right, stuffing was off and the turkeys werent exceptional to say the least. I asked and most everybody was of the same opinion here. I noticed the ham went down quicker than usual.
I enjoyed the leftovers because I ate 2 bites of the original lol. But our gravy was off. We made it twice.

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image