Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 4
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 97
DAYS TO THE BERS: 128
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 143
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 158
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 188

TGIF Halloween Buddies! We've reached Friday at long last and are now barreling into the final weekend of Spooky Spring! It was amazing last night with the cool weather, to come into the living room and turn on Michael Myers and hear the iconic soundtrack. Major October vibes, as has been the case all month! I continue tonight with "Halloween II".

You can see from the counts above that our next milestone will indeed be the Halfway to Halloween marker which will be on Tuesday. After that, the next thing on our sights will be 150 DAYS TO OCTOBER, which occurs on Saturday, May 4th. I'm running the 10k for the Apple Blossom Festival that day, so perhaps I might throw on some Halloween swag somehow on my gear.

Have a great Friday, friends! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans. I hate to agree that April is going faster than the other 3 months but it feels like it is. I'm not sure why. But I hope it will slow down this weekend so we can be spooky. Happy Halloween!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 3
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 96
DAYS TO THE BERS: 127
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 142
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 157
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 187

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Welcome to the final weekend of Spooky Spring! It's bittersweet writing this, thinking of April being over in just a few days, but the truth is, I believe that this is the best Spooky Spring I've ever had. I've been enjoying the candles, scented wax, the electric jack o lanterns, plenty of cherry cider, and of course spooky movies every night. Holly bought an espresso machine, and yesterday morning I was treated with a Pumpkin Spice Latte. There's a small pumpkin pie in the refrigerator too that will be easy to finish by Halfoween. Folks - it has honestly FELT like October, and that's a combination of all of the above and this strange, below average chilly weather we have been having. I can just say it will be hard to top this next year, but I'm sure going to try.

It makes me think of when we compare one Christmas or Thanksgiving to the other. They are all good, but sometimes one has the edge over another in our memories, for one reason or another.

You can see from the counts above that our next milestone will be in 3 days when we reach Halfway to Halloween. We will enjoy that day, and then rest and recharge our batteries a little bit and then get right back on the hunt for milestones, which after Tuesday, will occur next Saturday when we ring in 150 DAYS TO OCTOBER. Wow. I also ask our fans of Fall Pre-Season to watch that space, we are fast approaching 90 Days to that. Just incredible.

Have a great Saturday, friends! Enjoy your final Saturday of Spooky Spring!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! Sorted through some of my Easter candy today. Cleaned up and did laundry. Got food shopping done. Prepared stuff for the week. Sunday I'll be in the city. Spooky April. Happy Halloween!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 2
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 95
DAYS TO THE BERS: 126
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 141
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 156
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 186

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Today is the very final Sunday of Spooky Spring! I can't believe that we have already been through nearly an entire April, but here we are!

We will hit Halfoween in just TWO days, and then beginning on May 1st, we will welcome the JOL Day count back to our normal lineup. It sounds crazy to say, but once Spooky Spring ends, I'll honestly be looking forward to a JOL Day to continue the Halloween feels!

My Michael Myers Marathon continues tonight with "Halloween 5". Have a great Sunday! Think those October thoughts!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
A rainy, October-esque morning here. I spent some time browsing online for items for this year's Great Pumpkin Egg Hunt and the treat bags- only found a few things that are "coming soon". Definitely gave me Halloween feels! Have a great Sunday!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
A rainy, October-esque morning here. I spent some time browsing online for items for this year's Great Pumpkin Egg Hunt and the treat bags- only found a few things that are "coming soon". Definitely gave me Halloween feels! Have a great Sunday!
Every time I read about your Great Pumpkin Egg Hunt, I wish I could attend. It sounds so fun.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Every time I read about your Great Pumpkin Egg Hunt, I wish I could attend. It sounds so fun.
Wouldn’t that be wonderful

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 1
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 94
DAYS TO THE BERS: 125
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 140
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 155
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 185

Good Morning Halloween Friends! We have reached the end of Spooky Spring, and tomorrow we celebrate HALFOWEEN. I think this might be the only month out of the year, besides October, that doesn't really need a month end review. It's been a great month. And I think everyone has been enjoying Spooky Spring, I know I sure have.

May is the month to look towards now, obviously, and I've heard many folks on MMC say that May is one of the big turning point months here, and I completely agree. Looking on the Halloween / October front, here is everything we have to look forward to:

May 3rd - 90 Days to Fall Pre-Season (not really a milestone day, but I think it's noteworthy)
May 4th - 150 Days to October
May 24th - 100 Days to THE BERS
May 27th - Memorial Day / "The Road" opening up
May 31st - JOL DAY #4

Have I missed anything in May? Let me know! It takes a village.

Spooky Spring continues tonight with Halloween H:20! Have a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Halfoween already! Geez, it seems like Spooky Spring only lasted a second. We’ve got thunderstorms here today, so hopefully the pumpkin egg hunt isn’t derailed tomorrow. I guess we can always hunt them inside the house if need be.

I spent a lot of time this weekend thinking about Halloween season. Specifically, I was thinking about what “theme” I’d like to go with for this year. I think I’ve decided on “scarecrow.” There’s nothing scary about a scarecrow itself, but put it in the right setting, and somehow it becomes terrifying:

1714394307822.jpeg

Tell me that doesn’t give you some Halloween vibes!

Halfsgiving also happens sometime in May. I don’t know the exact date, but whatever day that Tom Turkey Day falls on next month is probably a safe bet.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 93
DAYS TO THE BERS: 124
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 139
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 154
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 184

HALFOWEEN.jpg

Happy Halfoween to everyone! We made it! I think we truly captured the feeling of October this month because just like October, it seems like it was gone in a flash. I am not ready to be at the finale of Spooky Spring. But it was a wonderful month, the weather cooperated here except for the odd 90 degree day here and there, and even this morning there's a slight breeze and it is cool outside. It easily could be a late September or October day.

I am watching Rob Zombie's Halloween tonight as my finale of Spooky Spring. Tomorrow we welcome back to the main count our JOL Day count. When May returns tomorrow, we will have one JOL Day per month, on our way back to The Bers and eventually October. I still am glad we decided on having more JOL Days last year.

My thoughts this morning are honestly just how great of a time I had in Spooky Spring, and I've even thought here and there about what, if anything, I could do to improve it even more next year, but I'm honestly going to save many of those thoughts for probably the "offseason planning session" that happens on that dreaded last week of December. I want my focus after today to be on May, our coming milestones, and JOL Day #5. I am truly excited about the fact that we will be on "The Road" in less than one month!

Have a great day, friends! I hope your Spooky Spring was as fabulous as mine.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Halloween Half Way.jpg

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image