Thanksgiving 2024 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
The local grocery store I sometimes buy my Holiday Meals from had a meat sale yesterday and had half turkeys available (a whole turkey cut in half) and I am so disappointed that I missed them, I have been wanting to try one. My brother got one and grilled it last night. I am going to see if I can order one, or more likely two, and try one over Memorial Day/Mini Thanksgiving.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 209
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 182
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 121

Happy May TGIF! Today folks we move along and see we have 209 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 182 days to go until November, and 121 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be in 9 days. That’s going to be a big one as we reach the 200-Day Marker till Thanksgiving. We move along in our Super Spring Stress Free for 3 more full weeks still with our Fun Fact Friday below!

The first Thanksgiving feast was three days long. The first Thanksgiving spanned several days, and the menu was quite different from what you might see on dinner tables today. It included venison, duck, goose, oysters, lobster, eel, and fish.

Wait the first Thanksgiving was several DAYS? Well, that’s not too different from now. Leftovers. Right? That’s one of the best things about Thanksgiving to me. All those tasty leftovers. They are delicious and some of the best there are. Sometimes the leftovers taste better than the first day. Lobster on Thanksgiving? So, fancy. Fish I could see as it reminds me a bit of turkey, in a way. Turkey friends I wish all of you a great Friday today. And I hope you have a great day and time ahead today. Have a great May TGIF!​
I love eating leftovers for days.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I am always disappointed if I don't have enough leftovers to make up some freezer meals. I found some nice round divided freezer containers last year that seem worthy of such special leftovers! LOL! I wish I would have grabbed a second set but as long as I have enough leftovers for 2-3 meals I will be happy.

And I have Apple Pie for breakfast, but no ice cream! LOL!
Either apple or pumpkin is healthy right? You have your grains, you have your fruit or vegetable. What's not healthy about that. LOL.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 207
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 180
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 119

Happy Cinco De Mayo! Today folks we move along and have 207 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 180 days to go until November, and 119 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be 1 week from today folks ironically on Mother’s Day. We’ll celebrate moms and also the 200-Day Marker till Thanksgiving. We have 1 more week to be safely in the “2s” my friends. Hard to believe. We move along in our Stress Free Super Spring folks with the 2nd half of our quiet weekend period. We are feeling good I hope here in the month of May with the biggest milestones of the year coming later this month. You all know what they are and we’re starting to head into that direction my friends. I hope you are all doing well here on this Sunday and ready to enjoy the day with family and friends. And don’t forget that today is an important day to try to have some fun. Turkey friends I hope you have fun today and enjoy your day as much as you can. It’s been a fun and good week here mostly. And I hope it continues for you all weekend long. This thread is quieter on the weekend by design. Need a breather and to take in those moments. The weekends slow it all down a bit although if you’re busy you may think it’s still not slow enough. Have a great Cinco De Mayo!​

SolidSnake84

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Sunday! We've confirmed our "Mini Thanksgiving" to be on Mother's Day weekend. No decisions yet on food, but everybody knows how much I enjoyed mini Thanksgiving last time, so I'm sure we will have plenty of "tribute" food. It will be a fun day for sure!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 206
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 179
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 118

Happy May Week! Today folks we have 206 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 179 days to go until November, and 118 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be on Sunday when we reach the 200-Day Marker till Thanksgiving. That’s going to be a big one folks. But right now we begin a new week here in our Super Spring Stress-Free Style with our Weekly Monday Topic which is the Countdown till Thanksgiving Week. And it stands at 29 weeks friends. Into the 20s we go now. Still in the first half though which is important. It’s just amazing how we started this thread off in the 50s and now went through all of the 40s and all of the 30s. Isn’t it? Turkey friends I’m trying to make this Mini Thanksgiving happen on Saturday. Indeed, I am. It looks like it’s going to be a homebody weekend which I’m excited about so it’s the perfect time to make it I think. And have some fun as well more indoors than outdoors. Anyone else planning their Mini Thanksgiving this week? I think it’s going to be great and I certainly will take pictures. Turkey friends let’s just do our Monday thing though right now and enjoy where we are in a very special month that we are in for Thanksgiving Fans. May. Have a great May Week!​

SolidSnake84

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 206
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 179
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 118

Happy May Week! Today folks we have 206 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 179 days to go until November, and 118 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be on Sunday when we reach the 200-Day Marker till Thanksgiving. That’s going to be a big one folks. But right now we begin a new week here in our Super Spring Stress-Free Style with our Weekly Monday Topic which is the Countdown till Thanksgiving Week. And it stands at 29 weeks friends. Into the 20s we go now. Still in the first half though which is important. It’s just amazing how we started this thread off in the 50s and now went through all of the 40s and all of the 30s. Isn’t it? Turkey friends I’m trying to make this Mini Thanksgiving happen on Saturday. Indeed, I am. It looks like it’s going to be a homebody weekend which I’m excited about so it’s the perfect time to make it I think. And have some fun as well more indoors than outdoors. Anyone else planning their Mini Thanksgiving this week? I think it’s going to be great and I certainly will take pictures. Turkey friends let’s just do our Monday thing though right now and enjoy where we are in a very special month that we are in for Thanksgiving Fans. May. Have a great May Week!​
We too are planning the "mini thanksgiving" for this weekend. I can't wait to share! It actually looks like a cooler weekend again so those vibes might be there as far as how the weather feels. It wouldn't feel like "Thanksgiving" if it was in the 80's outside and humid, but we've had ones like that before!

Crawling towards mini thanksgiving weekend, here we go!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
We are having a family gathering for Mother’s Day, but no mini-Thanksgiving, unfortunately. I was overruled by the people who want to grill instead, so it will be a barbecue weekend. I would love to sneak in a smoked turkey somehow for some kind of Thanksgiving representation.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
One of the local grocery stores has turkey breasts in sale this week for 99 cents/lb. I plan on picking up a couple this week to tuck in to the freezer for now. No mini thanksgiving plans .. trying to spend the weekends getting various projects done.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
We are having a family gathering for Mother’s Day, but no mini-Thanksgiving, unfortunately. I was overruled by the people who want to grill instead, so it will be a barbecue weekend. I would love to sneak in a smoked turkey somehow for some kind of Thanksgiving representation.
May I suggest grilling marinated turkey breast medallions? Recipe is really easy: 4 cups Sprite or 7-Up, 2 cups oil, 1 cup soy sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Marinate medallions overnight and grill. Not exactly Thanksgiving turkey but it is an extended family favorite.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Grilling sounds good though!

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image