Thanksgiving 2024 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 224
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 197
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 136

Happy Adventurous April! Today folks we have 224 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 197 days to go until November, and 136 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be when we reach Tom Turkey Day which will be next Thursday. That’s one week from now but today here in our Super Spring and Stress Free Month we have our Thanksgiving Thought Thursday below!

I was thinking last night if I was forced to move one of the big holidays which would I move. I almost considered it being Christmas. Why? I can’t see Halloween not being in October. And I don’t want to move our beloved Thanksgiving and I thought wouldn’t that kind of make Thanksgiving into Christmas? But then I realized if Thanksgiving was “the end” of the season it wouldn’t be quite as exciting as it is being “the beginning.”

When it comes down to it I think the calendar really suits us perfectly. And I think we all know that. It kind of fits like a big giant puzzle. And everything connects right. The different times of year also. And that makes it perfect right turkey friends? Gobblers get ready for your day ahead. Have a great Adventurous April!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
This is always a fantastic discussion. The magic of The Bers is that from September - December, you have something Special every month. But one of the drawbacks is that once Christmas is "over", the fun times and all the excitement sort of come to a screeching halt and then we endure that horrible last week of December, which I have said for years I feel is the worst week out of the entire year.

Having a holiday "moved" I don't think would do anything to relieve that, as at some point we would still hit that "dead spot". January - March is a pretty brutal time for PCB's that are threatening, poor weather, and no major holidays / time off to look forward to. But we're rolling now! Turkey thoughts abound on Thursday. Have a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
This is always a fantastic discussion. The magic of The Bers is that from September - December, you have something Special every month. But one of the drawbacks is that once Christmas is "over", the fun times and all the excitement sort of come to a screeching halt and then we endure that horrible last week of December, which I have said for years I feel is the worst week out of the entire year.

Having a holiday "moved" I don't think would do anything to relieve that, as at some point we would still hit that "dead spot". January - March is a pretty brutal time for PCB's that are threatening, poor weather, and no major holidays / time off to look forward to. But we're rolling now! Turkey thoughts abound on Thursday. Have a great day!
I think we love it the way it is set up!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 223
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 196
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 135

Happy Fresh Friday! Today folks we have 223 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 196 days left until November, and 135 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone will when we reach Tom Turkey Day which will be in 6 days. For now friends move along in our Super Spring Stress Free Style on a Fun Fact Friday with the below for all of you!

Americans line the streets to watch the famous Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, which is usually characterized by a large crowd of people marching along the streets with huge inflatables held high above. The first Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade was held in 1924, and it mainly comprised Macy’s employees. The inflated balloons were later introduced in 1927.

Crazy that 100 years ago was the first Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. But also, I didn’t know the balloons were introduced 3 years later. I would have guessed it took longer than that for that to catch on. Just shows you how traditional Thanksgiving really is with all these things going on for even a century long and longer in some traditional cases. Turkey friends enjoy your fact for today. Have a great Fresh Friday!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Friday! Almost time for the weekend now! Speaking of Macy's parade, I hope we get to see the "Bluey" balloon again this year! Abigale loves watching Bluey!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Love, Love, Love the parade. Thanks for the fun facts @Edge612!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 222
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 195
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 134

Happy Chilling Weekend! Today folks we move along and see we have 222 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 195 days left until November, and 134 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone will be on Thursday when we reach Tom Turkey Day #5. But for now we move along in our Super Spring and Stress Free month with our quiet weekend now beginning. We had quite a bit of excitement here with our five big topics we had all week long. So now we can get to kick back and relax a bit my friends. I hope your week went well but now we can just enjoy our quietness in this thread. All of the topics and days went well I feel here and we’ll try to keep that going for next week as well. Definitely feeling the importance of holding on to April as long as we can. Definitely has a less stress feel to it. No matter what though my turkey friends we made it to another weekend. And another spring weekend is here. Are you ready for it as much as I am? I’m excited for it. Some fun and relaxation but also things need to be done like food shopping and laundry too. Turkey friends keep that turkey step going all weekend long. Keep gobbling your way day by day slowly but surely. And enjoy your time with family and friends. Have a great Chilling Weekend!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 221
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 194
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 133

Happy Amazing April! Today folks we move along and see our countdowns showing 221 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 194 days to go until November, and 133 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be Thursday when we reach Tom Turkey Day #5. That’ll be big right Rich? But we move along in our Super Spring with our quiet weekend period part 2 now. And definitely feeling stress free here in the month of April. Glad we still have another 10 days of April to enjoy. I don’t need any stress right now. Turkey friends do you think we’ll be gobbling our way through our turkey dinners soon? I sure hope not. I need a lot of time to get ready for that but we plan to have a Halfway to Thanksgiving Mini Thanksgiving in May. I think it might be Mother’s Day Weekend but we’ll see. Stay tuned. I’ll give you all the juicy or should I say gravy details. Friends enjoy your Sunday. We’re just going to brunch. Not much else planned for today. Ain’t it great? A relaxing Sunday here. I’ll take it. Had a pretty busy Saturday so it’s good to be able to relax on Sunday some this weekend. Turkey friends I hope you all are having a great time. And I hope you are all doing well and feeling your gobbling spirit being up today. Have a great Amazing April!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I was waiting for the post about Mini Thanksgiving / Halfway Thanksgiving! We're on board with you @Edge612 , I can't wait to share pictures and posts that day. It's been one of the best additions to our life that we didn't know we needed! We have a special day each month to honor Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Halloween, and we have special halfway celebrations for Halloween and Christmas, it only makes sense that we would have one for Thanksgiving! I can't wait!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 221
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 194
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 133

Happy Amazing April! Today folks we move along and see our countdowns showing 221 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 194 days to go until November, and 133 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be Thursday when we reach Tom Turkey Day #5. That’ll be big right Rich? But we move along in our Super Spring with our quiet weekend period part 2 now. And definitely feeling stress free here in the month of April. Glad we still have another 10 days of April to enjoy. I don’t need any stress right now. Turkey friends do you think we’ll be gobbling our way through our turkey dinners soon? I sure hope not. I need a lot of time to get ready for that but we plan to have a Halfway to Thanksgiving Mini Thanksgiving in May. I think it might be Mother’s Day Weekend but we’ll see. Stay tuned. I’ll give you all the juicy or should I say gravy details. Friends enjoy your Sunday. We’re just going to brunch. Not much else planned for today. Ain’t it great? A relaxing Sunday here. I’ll take it. Had a pretty busy Saturday so it’s good to be able to relax on Sunday some this weekend. Turkey friends I hope you all are having a great time. And I hope you are all doing well and feeling your gobbling spirit being up today. Have a great Amazing April!​

I was waiting for the post about Mini Thanksgiving / Halfway Thanksgiving! We're on board with you @Edge612 , I can't wait to share pictures and posts that day. It's been one of the best additions to our life that we didn't know we needed! We have a special day each month to honor Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Halloween, and we have special halfway celebrations for Halloween and Christmas, it only makes sense that we would have one for Thanksgiving! I can't wait!
I can't even mention having a Mini Thanksgiving dinner. I'm lucky I can still talk Michelle into making one on Thanksgiving itself.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Yup, totally agree.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I'm looking forward to it!

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image