Thanksgiving 2024 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 218
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 191
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 130

Happy April Attitude! Today folks we move along and have 218 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 191 days left until November, and 130 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone will be tomorrow my friends when we welcome in Tom Turkey Day #5. My friends we move along in our Super Spring Stress-Free Style, and I wanted to announce our Stress-Free time has been extended for another 30 days. You can guess why can’t you? And I’m sure last year we did the same thing. If we keep The Bers count in triple digits (and stay in the first half of our Thanksgiving Countdown and Pre-Memorial Day) we’re in Stress-Free time. Indeed. It’s Wednesday so time for our Weekly Wednesday Poll below.

With these next 30 days proclaimed in the Thanksgiving Thread to be “Stress-Free” which is the thing you are most looking forward to about it?

• Keeping The Bers count in triple digits.
  • Keeping the Summer Sweatfest in front of us.
  • Having a Mini-Thanksgiving in the next 30-days.
  • Other Reason (give reason).
  • I’m going to say C. I am loving my spring so I’m looking forward to having Mini-Thanksgiving. I like A and B too because I want to keep those things in front of us as long as we can, but I don’t want to just try to hold off everything and that be my only goal. I want to enjoy something while I’m waiting for those other things to come (eventually hopefully slowly) so C is my answer. That’s my reasoning at least. What about yours? Turkey friends be good today. Have a great April Attitude!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I don't like A. I'll be a lot happier when we're in double digits.
B has already started for us. We'll be in the 90s next week.
I'm not having a mini-Thanksgiving.
So my answer is D. I am most looking forward to some beach trips in the next 30 days.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm going with "C"! I love, love, LOVE Mini Thanksgiving ever since we sort of unofficially "adopted" it a few years back. And I think it's firmly part of the MMC routine now, in good company with Halfoween, and Leon Day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
My answer today is either C or D. I suppose that’s cheating to pick two answers, but I still don’t know if we’re having mini-Thanksgiving yet this year, although I’d love to do it for the halfway to Thanksgiving marker. Discussions are still taking place.

In the event that mini-Thanksgiving doesn’t pan out, we still have my kids’ Spring Break coming up, and we’ll likely take a trip of some sort, so that’s my “D” answer.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I am going D. I am just taking everything day by day at this point. I am not rushing anything or overly looking forward to anything. I am just going to enjoy each mini event as they come. Come Memorial Day, I will be looking forward to summer vacation and begin more frequent thoughts of the Bers.
Good way to look at it!

Reactions: LadyLynn and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
My answer today is either C or D. I suppose that’s cheating to pick two answers, but I still don’t know if we’re having mini-Thanksgiving yet this year, although I’d love to do it for the halfway to Thanksgiving marker. Discussions are still taking place.

In the event that mini-Thanksgiving doesn’t pan out, we still have my kids’ Spring Break coming up, and we’ll likely take a trip of some sort, so that’s my “D” answer.
I hope the Mini-Thanksgiving works out for you!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 217
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 190
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 129

Happy Addictive April! Today folks we have 217 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 190 days to go until November, and 129 days left until The Bers. It’s Milestone Day friends as we have reached Tom Turkey Day #5! Woohoo. And our next milestone will be when May arrives which will be in less than 1 week. May – The Biggest Milestone Month of the Year in this thread. That’s right. We move along in our Super Spring Stress Free Style with today’s Thanksgiving Thought Thursday below!

Mini-Thanksgiving has been confirmed here for us. I think we’re planning on doing it Mother’s Day Weekend. That would be a cool celebration on a special weekend. I’m just wondering how good it will be. How far do we take it? We want it to be like Thanksgiving without being Thanksgiving.

Turkey friends I hope you all plan some kind of Mini-Thanksgiving this year. It is something I am looking forward to. I think having it halfway is a good idea and a good deal. And I hope all of you are enjoying your day today. It’s a good day here on Rudolph Day, isn’t it? Always a little special feeling for holiday fans like us. Turkey friends here’s the best to you and yours on this Thursday. Have a great Addictive April!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Tom Turkey Day! And it shares great company with Rudolph Day! How wonderful!

I'm down with having our mini Thanksgiving on Mothers Day Weekend. Maybe we can get the whole family together to really capture those "feels".

Wishing the best for everyone today and I hope everyone has a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Happy Tom Turkey Day (and Rudolph Day if you are of the Christmas persuasion)!

I hope we get to do mini-Thanksgiving. We decided last night that we are grilling this year for Mother’s Day. We’re having my parents over and my brother, sis-in-law, and nephew are driving in also. So while that will be a nice gathering, it isn’t quite a mini-Thanksgiving.

I might be able to make it work on May’s Tom Turkey Day. That seems appropriate.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Tom Turkey Day (and Rudolph Day if you are of the Christmas persuasion)!

I hope we get to do mini-Thanksgiving. We decided last night that we are grilling this year for Mother’s Day. We’re having my parents over and my brother, sis-in-law, and nephew are driving in also. So while that will be a nice gathering, it isn’t quite a mini-Thanksgiving.

I might be able to make it work on May’s Tom Turkey Day. That seems appropriate.
That'd be cool!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 216
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 189
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 128

Happy Fun Friday! Today folks we have 216 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 189 days to go until November, and 128 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone is when May arrives, which will be on Wednesday. That month of May has all the biggest milestones of the year friends. We move along in our Super Spring feeling Stress Free this time of year on this Friday. And with-it being Friday here is our Fun Fact Friday below!​

The first professional football games on Thanksgiving were played November 25, 1920.

Rich, do you remember that game and can you tell us who won? Only kidding but I am curious as to what teams played back then. Can anyone guess it without looking it up? If not looking it up and letting us know would be ok too. Turkey friends I hope your week has gone well and you enjoyed our weeklong of topics. It always keeps us so busy, doesn’t it? And it’s a great time of year here being in spring. Enjoying it here and I hope all of you are as well. Thanks for being here and I hope you all have a great day turkey friends. Gobble away, will you? Have a great Fun Friday!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Friday! It was very fitting to have the NFL Draft occur on Tom Turkey Day! Football and Fall go hand and hand together. Even more so with Thanksgiving. And last night we had that trifecta. It was amazing. Lots of feels last night with Rudolph Day, and Tom Turkey Day happening simultaneously. I hope everyone has a great Friday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Friday! It was very fitting to have the NFL Draft occur on Tom Turkey Day! Football and Fall go hand and hand together. Even more so with Thanksgiving. And last night we had that trifecta. It was amazing. Lots of feels last night with Rudolph Day, and Tom Turkey Day happening simultaneously. I hope everyone has a great Friday!
Yes it was fitting!

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image